Personal Injury Legal Help in California for a Combined 22 Years
If you are a biker in California, you are likely aware that, in our state, bikers are required to wear a helmet. While it can be frustrating to be told what to do by the state, the fact is that, nationally, motorcycle helmets:
- Reduce fatalities by an average of 37 percent
- Reduce head injuries by 69 percent
- Saved the healthcare industry and tax payers more than $3 billion dollars in 2011
Because the law and the benefits of the law are clear, bikers and their families often feel they don’t have a legal case when motorcycle accident and injuries occur and a helmet wasn’t worn. In many cases, though, compensation may be pursued and obtained. For example:
- The driver of a car or other vehicle may be found negligent through poor driving and therefore be held liable (responsible) for the accident and injuries
- As a motorcycle passenger, the operator of the motorcycle or other vehicle may be held liable
- Injuries may be unrelated to helmet use
- Drunk driving or other carelessness may be found to be the cause of the accident
Due to the complexities of motor vehicle law in California and elsewhere, it is always a good idea to discuss your case and concerns with a qualified and experienced personal injury attorney.
The personal injury attorneys of the Riverside, California, law firm of Lewis & Associates have decades of combined personal injury legal experience and are leaders in the field: one firm lawyer is the president of the Riverside County Bar Association. We have recovered millions of dollars on compensation for clients injured on California roadways since 1998.
Our consultations are free and we work on a contingency fee basis, so that you pay nothing until we win an award for you. To contact J. Lewis & Associates following a motorcycle accident anywhere in California, call 800-228-0507.