Personal Injury Legal Help in California for a Combined 22 Years
While most people are aware that lead is dangerous, a full understanding of lead poisoning and its effects is less common. Since lead poisoning can occur from everyday circumstances like household paint exposure, tainted toys, lead dust and chips, and drinking water contamination, it’s important to understand both the symptoms and the full possible effects of lead exposure.
Because lead is toxic to the central nervous system, the effects of lead are extensive. They include:
- Learning disabilities in children
- Abdominal pain and headaches
- Confusion and irritability
- Seizures and comas
- Delirium and tremors
- Memory loss and cognitive deficit
- Digestive issues
- Personality changes
- Muscle pain
Lead poisoning rarely happens “naturally”, i.e. by exposure to lead in its natural state. Instead, exposure usually occurs due to negligent handling, such as:
- Failure to provide proper safety equipment to prevent lead exposure in construction and demolition sites
- Failure to remove lead from residential homes, including rental homes
- Negligent inclusion of lead in toys and other household products
If you have been diagnosed with lead poisoning and need answers regarding your legal rights, contact Riverside, California, attorneys Jonathan J. Lewis and Robyn A. Lewis of Lewis & Associates. With over two decades of personal injury legal experience, including defective product and premises liability law experience, we can provide knowledgeable and effective legal help following lead poisoning injuries in Southern California.
Our consultations are free and we work on a contingency fee basis, so that you pay nothing until we win an award for you. To contact J. Lewis & Associates, call 800-228-0507.